Notre Dame de Paris, France took nearly two centuries to build - from 1163 to 1345 AD. It is the most famous example of a Gothic cathedral.
- What years did the Middle Ages span?
- Latin evolved into what languages?
- Roman Catholic Church
- Battle of Tours
- Charlemagne’s crowning symbolized the union of what three forces?
- Gothic cathedrals
A Knight's Tale (2001) starring Heath Ledger is loosely based on a story from the medieval Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer. It follows a knight seeking fame and fortune in jousting tournaments.
In this time-elapsed photo, Muslims circle the Ka'aba in Mecca during hajj, the pilgrimage to Islam's holy city.
- House of Wisdom
- The Five Pillars
- Muslim contributions in the sciences were most recognizable in what fields?
- Who later drew upon the knowledge developed and preserved by the Muslim scholars?
Kingdom of Heaven (2005) is a historical adventure film starring Orlando Bloom about the siege of Jerusalem during the Third Crusade.
- Why did Byzantine emperor Alexius ask for help?
- What were the economic, social, and political goals of the Crusades?
- What the main result of the First Crusade? … the Third Crusade? … the Fourth Crusade?
- What were the economic, social, political, and religious consequences of the Crusades?
The Late Middle Ages
The Sedlec Ossuary in Prauge, Czech Republic is a church decorated with bones of victims of the Black Death.
Late Middle Ages